Is a horse trailer bar a good idea for your wedding?
Making an event special takes some thought. As an independent wedding and events planner,often people tell me they want something extraordinary when planning occasions whether that be an engagement, wedding, birthday, gender reveal or a corporate event.
Thinking about innovative and distinctive twists on providing drinks during your special occasion, you may want to consider hiring a mobile bar and having the on trend of a horse box mobile bar. After all, a party gets started around the bar!
With many horse box bars converted to access water, gas and electricity in a variety of décor styles, these do provide a focal point as well as functionality.
Benefits of hiring a horse box mobile bar
1. They are mobile – means it can go almost anywhere!
2. Come in all shapes and sizes – horse box trailers are on trend, some of them have been luxury restored and various decors from bunting to neon lights
3. Size does matter – ideal if you have a smaller area to serve those all-important drinks
4. Some will specialise in certain drinks – gin bar for example
5. Great for photos - create a memorable standout highlight which guests will talk about fora long time!
6. They are a great feature for a wedding to serve that all important fizz from
7. Can have a tab set up so you settle the bill at the end of the event, or have it as a cash bar where people buy their own drinks
8. They are self-contained,easy to set up and pack away
9. Compliment festivals, barn or marquee outdoor weddings or rustic vintage party themes
10. Consider having it as a photo prop too – attach a pallet surround to it with an array of glassware where you can stand in front and having some pics
Any down sides to having a mobile horse box bar?
1. Consider access as it will need to be driven into place!
2. Space is limited, so they wont be able to serve every drink!
3. The weather!As these are outside it means you could get wet queuing for a drink in contrast to a bar inside.
What if it rains? Here’s my top tip
If you are having a marquee, ask the marquee company if they can connect one of the panels onto the side or front of the mobile horse box bar – that way guests can access the bar from inside the marquee
Who Should I book? Here’s my top tip
1. With many catering companies offering mobile bar facilities with horse box options, ask if they will provide the horse box with no set up charge as a deal to book
2. Ask the mobile horse box bar company what they offer in their packages, and importantly what is NOT provided – always read the terms and conditions
3. Ask if they charge a set up fee, what concessions they can make on the drink prices
4. Ask them to visit your venue or party location so that you know they will be able to access where you want the horse box to go, as they are difficult to manoeuvre
5. Find a company that is local to your event, that way you won’t be charged for additional mileage to travel to your location from an outside of county company
6. Ask what décor they provide, or can you add your own décor such as bunting or wedding flowers etc
7. Remember to ask about their alcohol licence for your event and any restrictions
8. If you are having certain drinks, ask if the bar staff are trained or knowledgeable in that area ie cocktail making for example
9. Ask what sizes their refrigeration is to keep cool those all-important drinks
10. What insurance they provide ie public liability
11. Will they provide complimentary ice and fresh fruit and glassware?
12. Ask how many staff they provide
What other options are there other than a horse box trailer for a bar?
Mobile bars come in all shapes and sizes. For example:
· Made from pallets which can be easily decorated in forest or country themes
· Caravans have been converted to provide small seating area for the bar
· Bars set up with led lighting surround provides the ultimate party vibe
So hope my opinion helps to steer you what is right for you when booking your next special occasion. If you need professional support in planning your event, please do contact me.