Terms & Conditions Contract | Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events | Somerset & UK
These terms and conditions (T&Cs) are an essential agreement which sets out the legal basis upon which Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events trade with all their clients.
These T&Cs are used to define the basis of the services to be purchased, protect intellectual property rights, limit or exclude liability and establish a contractual framework governing the relationship between the business and its clients.
The T&Cs below form a legally binding contract between the named parties and commence once the client(s) have paid the booking fee for services requested.
Business Company Details
Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings, Proposals & Events
Mobile: Tel: 07879-220046
Website : www.alkcelebrant.co.uk
Registered Office: Saffins Bungalow, Newton, TA4 4EU
Amanda-Louise Knight, Director
Named in the Booking Form
Details on the booking form
Details on the booking form
Details on the booking form
Named in the Booking Form
Details on the booking form
Details on the booking form
Details on the booking form
Type of Contracted Services
As specified in our quotation or schedule of works provided to you, but in brief falls into the categories below:-
Wedding Planning Full
Wedding Planning Partial
On the day Wedding Management
Pay by the Hour Planning
Marriage Proposal Planning
Hire of Goods
Wedding Chaperone (Dogs)
Wedding Chaperone (Guests)
Schedule of ContractedServices
Start of Contract
Details on the booking form confirmation by service provider
End of Contract
Details on the booking form confirmation by service provider
Named in the Booking Form Confirmation by Service Provider
Named in the Booking Form Confirmation by Service Provider
£ plus any unknown chargeable expenses – see quotation/schedule of works/invoices
No of Payments
As per invoice schedule, typically booking fee then balance 3 months before event date
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires,the following expressions have the following meanings:
1. “terms and conditions” mean an agreement by way of a contract between all parties
2. “Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday
3. “Client or Customer or Hirer” means you the individual who is named on the Contract (whether thats one person or more). The term applies to client/customer/hirer whether jointly or individually. Each client/customer/hirer is solely responsible and liable under all the terms of this agreement.
4. “Us or our or we” means Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events (and refers to any staff working in this business)
5. “Service Provider” means Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events (and refers to any staff working in this business). The business trades under the ownership of Amanda-Louise Knight and it provides services to private clients by way of independent wedding planning, on the day wedding management,celebrant services, marriage proposal planning, guest chaperone services, private party planning, hire of décor and suppliers of event staffing. Somerset Wedding Day Dog Chaperone Service falls under this business. The business provides commercial work direct to business leaders by way of venue consultancy and management services, coaching and training.
6. “Contract” means the contract for the provision of the Services between us and the client, and no other persons have any rights to enforce any terms or instruct us
7. “Disbursement” means a payment made to third parties on your behalf
8. “Expenses” means additional costs we have incurred to carry out our services, such as travel, mileage or accommodation for example
9. “Estimate or Quotation” means a written indication of the charges likely to be incurred for professional fees and disbursements and may be subject to change. The service provider will also aim to include expectations around timeframes of support, volume of time spent, amount of meetings for example.
10. “booking fee” refers to money the client(s) pay to book the services of Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events, and on doing so these T&Cs become relevant between all parties.
11. “invoice” means a written schedule of monies owed by client(s) to the service provider for contracted services and will show timelines on payment and how to pay
12. “Final account” means the total price payable for the Services
13. “Services” or “Orders” means the services which are to be provided by the service provider to the client(s).
14. “writing or written’ includes information provided in a letter, or in printed form or via email
15. All information about the parties including information created or arising from this agreement are confidential between the service provider and the client(s).
General Conditions& Expectations of Working Together
1. Nothing in these T&Cs shall restrict Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events from engaging inany activity, including without limitation, providing any other services of any kind whatsoever to any person.
2. These T&Cs shall apply to all contracts for the provision of services by Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events to the client(s) and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the client(s)
3. In the event of conflict between the terms of these T&Cs and any orders, these T&Cs shall prevail.
4. Any variation to these T&Cs(including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events and at least 15 days' prior notice has been given to the client(s) of the relevant variation
5. The client(s) agrees not to engage any other persons whether for money or otherwise in the work provided within this contract.
6. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals and Events are not under any obligation to take instructions relating to the services from anyone else, except for the client(s) unless the client(s) have written to confirm otherwise.
7. Currently, in England and Wales, Celebrants cannot conduct a legal marriage ceremony, however they can write a personal wedding ceremony without restrictions. If the client(s)request a certificate as part of their celebrant ceremony, then this document is not a legally binding marriage certificate.
8. It is deemed that the client(s) have read and approved these terms in this contract before they have paid the booking fee to the service provider.
9. In addition, the parties agree to the following expectations when working together:-
a. Have a positive cooperation and have a professional communication together for the best possible results within the definition of these terms.
b. The service provider aims to be flexible in her working style and accessible. Should the client(s)want a higher level of support or more services than originally booked, then the client(s) are to liaise with the service provider who will provide a quotation for that scope of work/additional hours for the client(s)consideration.
c. The client(s) is/are responsible for the conduct of guests and all other service providers (ie venue, florist, dj, caterer, photographer, videographer etc). Verbal or physical abusive language or behaviour will not be tolerated in any way and will lead to an immediate termination of services. In these circumstances, there will be no refunds whatsoever paid by the service provider.
d. The client(s) will give service provider clear instructions, and to inform the service provider in reasonable time of any special requirements for these to be accomplished.
e. During the event, the client(s) are to ensure the environment is safe in lines of health & safety for the purposes of protecting the service provider. The service provider will carry out their risk assessments of and take steps to keep themselves free of harm.
f. The client(s) will allow the service provider sufficient access to the event location and time to set up and to carry out the services effectively
g. The client(s) will provide Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events (including all of its staff) an area to get changed, and to provide a hot meal and drink and toilet facilities when working at the client(s) event (if working more than 8 hours) or light refreshments, an drink and toilet facilities when working less than 8 hours)
h. The client(s) will set aside at least 30 minutes for the service provider to have a break during the event for every 6 hours of work
i. The client(s) will manage and be responsible for their own financial budgets and ensure have monies to pay fees.
j. To inform service provider in advance of the event date, details of other professionals they will be working alongside, to enable all suppliers to communicate and work in harmony.
k. The service provider does hold public liability insurance, however, recommends that the client(s)take out wedding insurance against unforeseen circumstances and pay the premium where insurance is applicable. The service provider cannot be held responsible for any loss which may have been covered by insurance should the client(s) haven ot affected it.
Ordering/Request ofServices/Booking Process
1. All requests/orders for services shall be deemed to be an offer by the client(s) to purchase services pursuant to these T&Cs and are subject to acceptance by Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events.
2. The Contract shall be formed when Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events has 1) received payment of the booking fee and 2) has accepted the services by sending confirmation to the Client(s).
3. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events may choose not to accept an order/request of services for any reason.
4. When making a request to book our services, the client(s) process is:
a. to confirm in writing what service(s) they require (or in some circumstances during an online meeting discussion),
b. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events will raise a quotation/scope or within body of an email with services of what they can provide and the cost for the client(s) to consider,
c. the client(s) will inform Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events they wish to go ahead and to book the services,
d. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events will then raise an invoice for the booking fee and send to the client(s) for payment, and also send a copy of these terms and conditions and a booking form.
e. The clients will read the terms and conditions and if they are happy, they will complete and sign the booking form, and return the booking form to the service provider. On signing the booking form, the terms and conditions now become “live” and forms a legal contract of agreement. The clients pay the booking fee.
f. Once payment and signed booking form is received by the service provider, they will confirm to the client(s)that the services are booked in the diary providing the date is still available. (if not, the booking fee will be returned to the client(s). The service provider does not hold dates and is only confirmed during this stage of the process.
g. The service provider will confirm which member of the team will be the first point of contact during the planning stages, and who will be in attendance on the event itself; and will update this information should any changes occur.
5. To note: Any estimate/quotation provided is an indication of the charges likely to be incurred on the basis of the information and details Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events know at the date of the estimate/quotation. While this service provider makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the quotation, the charges are liable to alteration and including where third parties change their rates or charges (where relevant) ie if the service provider is paying suppliers on the client(s) behalf.
6. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events may not be aware of third-party charges in advance of the event, however, the service provider will obtain for the client(s) the best estimate of such charges on their written estimate. The actual amount of the charges will be detailed and shown in the final invoice.
7. If the client(s) wish to amend their initial instructions to the service provider, the client(s) must do this in writing, however, the service provider reserves the right to act on verbal instructions for changes in the absence of client(s) written confirmation.Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events may need to make an extra charge in accordance with prices published in their current website and brochure.
8. The booking fee paid by the client(s)is non-refundable after 14 days in line with the cooling off terms – see clause below. Should the event go ahead, then the booking fee paid will be deducted from the balance.
9. The client(s) on paying the booking fee enter into the terms and conditions stated here which are deemed a legally binding contractual agreement, therefore the client(s) may wish to seek independent advice before paying the booking fee.
10. The prices and details on the service provider’s website were accurate at the time of publishing but are subject to changes at any point. To gain an accurate personal quote the client(s) will request this from the service provider.
11. All details on the service provider’s website are for its own use, and not to be used by any other person(s) or organisations.
Price & Payment
1. The booking fee is calculated at 25% of the total price.
2. The client(s) agree to pay the service provider on timely basis and in accordance with the invoice’s terms.
3. The price of the services stipulated on the invoice is the event charge. The remaining 75% balance is due for payment 3 months before the event date unless the client(s) have mutually agreed with the service provider to pay by monthly instalments (no interest is chargeable provided payment is received on time, otherwise interest will be chargeable for late payments).
4. Payment as agreed with Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events must be made within 14 days of invoicing by Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events, and without deduction or set-off (otherwise see clause 12 for penalties)
5. Where applicable, if any payment is not paid on time or any payment is rejected or refused, the amount owing will be treated as overdue, and Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals& Events will be entitled immediately to cease or suspend the provision of the relevant service until payment has been received – see clause 12.
6. In the event of the client(s)not paying the balance, the service provider has the right not to perform her services on the event date, without reprisals.
7. Unless the service provider states in writing or otherwise, all fees and charges are non-refundable and all fees are quoted in pounds sterling.
8. All payments must be made by the methods specified within the invoice. If the client(s) wants to use a different means of paying their invoice, the client(s) needs to contact Amanda-Louise Knight to discuss.
9. The service provider is currently not VAT registered, however should this change, then Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events reserve the right to apply vat to the final costs which the client(s) are liable to pay.
10. All prices quoted are confidential.Quotes and pricing terms are negotiated between the service provider and the client(s) and may be unique to those client(s). Therefore, and except as otherwise provided by law, the client(s) hereby agrees to keep the pricing arrangement confidential for a period of no less than 3 years from the date of this agreement.
11. The service provider’s costs are made up including all arrangements in connection with the event, assistance,expertise, time spent and advice in matters relating to the event or other business, attendance, admin, provision of staffing, their wage, training, and business overheads for example.
12. In the event that the client(s) want additional services, then this will be added to the final invoice. If the client instructs the service provider on the event day for additional support, then the service provider if in agreement, will raise a post event invoice which the client is accountable to pay those charges in a timely manner.
13. The service provider reserves the right to change prices at any time and may add or remove special offers and promotions at any time.All special offers or promotions are only available to new clients and not to already booked clients. All pricing information is reviewed and may be yearly updated, likely at rate of 10% increase on investment shown. The service provider’s final invoice will show the current fees payable by the client(s)
14. The prices shown on our website are accurate at the time of publishing, but may be subject to change at any time – our up to date price will be sent in our scope and quotation.
15. The client(s) is/are responsible for all charges incurred under its account made by it or anyone who uses its account. If the client(s) payment method fails or amounts are owed, Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms; in particular If the client(s) fail to pay in full on the date agreed, the service provider may reserve the right to charge the client(s) you an admin fee plus interest on all outstanding accounts at 4% above our bank’s base rate
a. calculated on a daily basis from the date of our account until payment
b. compounded on the first day of each month and
c. before and after any judgement(unless a court orders otherwise)
d. recover the reasonable cost of taking legal action to make you pay
e. choose to stop providing the services until you pay us in full and/or
f. terminate the contract and raise an invoice for the charges for the services already carried out
This means that failure to comply will result in Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals& Events taking legal action to recover the debt and also recover all and any collection costs and charges subsequently incurred.
It also means that this contract will be jeopardy for example, services provided under this contract may pause or stop.
1. The service provider will pay any unplanned or unspecified disbursements/expense or cost as part of the services, which will be reimbursed by the client(s).
2. The service provider reserves the right to charge for any mileage, travel time, accommodation and flight costs incurred in providing the services under this contract. (roundtrip applies) in which the client(s) are liable to pay, and will be itemised on the invoice.
3. The mileage rate currently is in line with Inland Revenue guidelines of 45p per mile
1. The service provider offers a discount to military servicemen/women, firefighters and nhs workers(on production of ID), the rate is determined by the service provider and is limited to celebrant or wedding planning services. It cannot be used in connection with any other offers and is only applicable on bookings to event date less than 12 months in duration, and only on one event. These terms are subject to change, so contact Amanda-Louise Knight directly. This offer may be removed at any time.
2. The service provider provides donations to charities of her choosing, as a way of giving back to the local communities.
Terms & Termination
1. The terms of this contract shall continue until terminated in accordance with its terms
2. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events shall have the right to terminate this contract on 28 days’ notice in writing to the client(s) at any time
3. Subject to clause 1,2,3, the client(s)may terminate this contract under the following terms:-
1.Postponements/Change of Date And/Or Venue
a. Should client(s) wish to postpone their booking for whatever reason (or change venue location), then providing the service provider is available on the new date (or able to get to new changed location), then the service provider is happy to move the booking date and a further booking fee will not be required. This must be done in writing to Amanda-Louise Knight. If the service provider is not available on the client(s)’ proposed new date for whatever reason, then the client(s) will be subject to the terms of the cancellation charges, and the booking fee will not be refunded.
b. Providing the service provider is available, the client(s) may be liable to an increase in fees, which will be dependent upon how far in advance the date is changed to. This considers for yearly increase of service charges. Equally if the location is further, then travel time and mileage will be additionally added on the final invoice.
2.Cancellation Notice – Client(s) Right to Cancel Within 14 Days of Booking
a. The client(s) have the right to cancel the contract if they wish in accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which may give them the right to terminate this agreement in the cooling off period of 14 calendar days.
b. If the client(s) wish to exercise the right to cancel during the 14-day cooling off period, the client(s) need to email Amanda-Louise Knight confirming they wish to exercise this right, and in this period the client(s) do not have to give the service provider a reason.
c. During this 14 day cooling off period, and the client(s)have exercised their right to cancel the services, Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events will return the booking fee paid (within a period of 14 days from request) less any costs relating to work already commenced ie time, and admin carried out for example.
3.Cancellation Notice – Client(s) Right to Cancel After 14 Days of Booking
After 14 days after which the service provider has received the booking fee from the client(s), should the client(s) wish to cancel, they must do so in writing to Amanda-Louise Knight and to notify her why.
If the client(s) wishes to cancel after the 14 days cooling off period, for whatever reason, then Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events have the right to charge for loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of profits, time spent, admin charges, work completed for example. Thus, the following applies(plus any disbursements, expenses and third-party fees owed to the service provider): -
- 6-12 months before ceremony/event/hire of goods/programme of works– 50% of total fee
- 3-6 months before ceremony/event/hire of goods/programme of works – 75% of total fee
- Less than 3 months before ceremony/event/hire of goods/programme of works– 100% of total fee
1. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events shall perform the Services with reasonable skill and care. However, where applicable, this service provider does not guarantee that the services will be uninterrupted, or error-free.
2. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events may subcontract her work with a third party for the provision of any part of the Services, and subject to this contract clauses on payment the client(s) shall indemnify Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals& Events in full and for all fees and/or charges imposed by such subcontractor(s) on Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events and due to delay and/or termination by the client(s).
2. Notwithstanding this, the service provider will provide the client(s) details to other relevant suppliers to carry out the services.
The client(s) agrees toprovide photographs (and/or video) of themselves and of the event to the service provider for their use on marketing materials and on social mediaunless the client(s) writes withdrawing their consent. If the client(s) do not withdraw their consent, the client(s) will ask their professional photographerand/or videographer for their agreement to supply the same to Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings, Proposals & Events (as ownership and copyright of the client(s) photos/videos ultimately belongs to the said professional) – the service provider will acknowledge the photographer/videographer and not edit the images.
Each party agrees to keep confidential (both during and after the services have ended) the terms of this contract agreement, including the cost of the services provided, and all other confidential information concerning the business or affairs of the other.
This obligation will not apply in the case of any disclosure required by law, or information which is already publicly available or in the possession of a party at the time of disclosure by the other (other than as a result of a breach of any confidentiality).
It is acknowledged and agreed that the client(s) can elect to purchase 1) different tiers of Services – this will give different levels of support generating different volume of hours supported and 2) different types of Services –listings are featured and accessible to client(s) on the website.
During the busy wedding seasons, our admin time and accessibility can reduce. It is common working in the wedding industry to work on a priority need basis deemed appropriate by the service provider. This does not mean all our clients are not important or they are valued less.
Relationship of the Parties
Nothing in this T&Cs/Contract shall be deemed to create a partnership or joint venture between the parties.
No waiver by Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of its rights under these T&Cs shall prejudice its rights to do so in the future
Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, due to natural disasters and catastrophes created by humans including but not limited to acts of God, pandemics, epidemics, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire or failure of any communications, telecommunications or computer system, and Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
Limitation of Liability
1. The client(s) agrees to indemnify Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events, its directors, employees, officers and affiliates, against all claims,proceedings, demands, damages, liabilities, regulatory sanctions,investigations or fines, and costs (including reasonable legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any services provided to the client(s), or any breach or failure by the client(s) to comply with this Contract T&Cs. This means that Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the service provider’s negligence, the service provider is not be liable to the client(s) by reason of representation or any implied warranty,condition or other item, or any duty at common law or under these terms and conditions, for any special or indirect or consequential damage. The client(s)are liable to the service provider for losses they incur because the client(s)have not complied with any of the terms
2. Should the wedding day schedule over-run in relation to the start time of the ceremony, then if the client(s)opt for celebrant services by Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events then they will be flexible in their approach to be able to officiate the ceremony at a delayed time. If the client(s) are using other bodies to conduct the ceremony, then it is recommended that the client(s) obtain confirmation from them directly how they safeguard against this scenario, ie the Registrar will not leave without officiating – Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events cannot beheld accountable for other bodies in this case.
3. In the event of any breach of this Contract T&Cs by Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events,the remedies of the client(s) shall be limited to damages which shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the services paid by the client(s) in the twelve months preceding the claim.
4. Nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude or limit the liability of Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events for losses that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals& Events’ agents or employees, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal for Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability.
5. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events shall in no circumstances be liable for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated saving, loss of revenue and/or any indirect, incidental, or consequential loss which is suffered by the client(s) or any of its other suppliers, in relation to this Contract T&Cs.
6. Third party failure - Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events does not accept liability for any errors,nonattendance, non-performance or inadequacy due to or directly from third parties, sub-contractors or inaccurate or late instructions.
7. The client(s) are liable to thes ervice provider for the service provider’s losses incurred because the client(s) have not complied with any of the terms. This also includes any inaccurate or late instructions received from the client(s), or requests that are deemed to be unreasonable.
8. In relation to covid 19,Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events will always follow the guidelines set by legislation. Further, this service provider asks if the client(s) have been in close contact with someone who has tested positively or if experiencing symptoms of covid-19, the client(s) should take a PCR test at their cost and notify Amanda-Louise Knight of the results. If the client(s)have tested positive, then the services may be altered to ensure everyone’s health and safety. Amanda-Louise Knight has the final decision in this matter.
Specific Contract Conditions
The following terms apply as appropriate to service delivery, and form part of these contracted T&Cs:-
1.Wedding Planner, On the Day Coordinator, Toastmaster/MC,Celebrant Services
1. Subject to availability, and if required,Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events will provide their own pa equipment when carrying out any public speaking duties, suitable for indoor rooms or small outdoor areas; otherwise, the client(s) will be required to hire this at their cost. The service provider, however, is not responsible for any malfunction of any electrical equipment whether belonging to her or hired in.
2. The service provider cannot guarantee the time frame of the ceremony in her capacity as celebrant.
3. Should emergencies arise during the event itself, or planned arrangements need to be changed on the day, the service provider may have to make decisions without first obtaining consent from the client(s). If this has casual in relation to cost, then the client(s) agree to pay for any additional monies.
2.Wedding Dog Chaperone Service
Somerset Wedding Day Dog Chaperone Service comes under the business of Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals& Events. The following applies to this service:-
1. Clients must inform the service provider of all health, behavioural issues of the dog(s) and emergency contact information prior to their wedding or event.
2. Whilst the service provider have undertaken pet first aid, but should an emergency arise, then the service provider may have to make decisions regarding the client(s) dog’s health and welfare which may mean the service provider has to contact advice of qualified veterinary surgeon – costs will be paid by the client(s).
3. Client(s) agrees that should a pet attack occur resulting in injury, client(s) will be responsible for any losses or expenses incurred as a result.
4. The service provider will not let dog(s) off the lead outside (unless in a fully secure location after consent by the client(s)) and never alone in vehicles.
5. Whilst the service provider aims to look after the comfort needs of the client(s) dog(s), the service provider cannot be held responsible for accidents, injuries, illness, weather related incidents or death of the dog(s) whilst in their care or following or as a result of our service provided.
6. When the service provider is chaperoning the client(s) dog(s) as part of the wedding service/day, should the dog(s)become noisy or uncomfortable, the service provider will remove the dog(s) from that area ensuring they are calm and do not disturb the wedding ceremony,reception or event.
7. The client(s) will ensure the dog(s)are free from fleas and is up to date with medication, vaccinations (if appropriate)
8. The service provider cannot be held liable should the dog(s) whilst in their care, jump up at anyone disturbing them or causing damage to their attire, or furniture or surrounds.
9. If the service provider is asked to feed the dog(s) then the client(s) will provide that food and any treats.
10. The service provider recommends client(s) take out insurance for their dog(s) to be at the wedding venue, or have the funds to pay for any liabilities occurred
11. If the service provider is supporting the client(s) dog(s) at a wedding venue, the client(s) must ensure that the venue provides a big enough space for the dog(s) and service provider to be throughout the duration; the final decision of what that is, falls to the service provider.
12. The service provider will determine how many staff it will provide when carrying out its services, and charge accordingly.
13. The service provider will aim to ensure that the dog(s) are presentable at the wedding or reception; however, they cannot be held responsible for weather conditions and if walking dog(s) beforehand or if the dog(s) coats are already matted or unbrushed before they are handed over to the service provider. (the service provider will fluff the dog(s) but will not detangle any knots as they are not professional groomers). The service provider would recommend that the client(s) organise to have their dog(s) professionally groomed before the event to ensure they are photo ready.
14. The client(s) will let the service provider know if they are to hand over the dog(s) during the event at any point; otherwise, it is agreed that they will remain under the care of the service provider.
15. The service provider offers a ‘get to know me’ session which is available for client(s) to take up should they wish to, at cost, aimed at the service provider to spend time with the dog(s) before the event.
3.Hire of Our Products
Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals and Events supplies items for weddings and events which can be hired for client(s) use for a specific period of time. T&Cs of Hire Under Law of England and Wales, include: -
1.Retention of Title
a. All goods remain the absolute property of Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events and the client(s) undertakes not to sell, offer to sell, assign charge,pledge or underlet, lend or otherwise deal with the products unless agreed otherwise with Amanda-Louise Knight.
a. A deposit will be required to cover lost, damaged, theft of item(s)or any cleaning or replacement costs. If the item(s) are returned to the service provider in the same good condition, then the service provider will return that deposit within 14 days after the event. Final decisions are made by the service provider.
b. Hire cost of the item(s)
3.Collection/Delivery of Hire of Goods
a. Clients can collect the items from our office(s) at an agreed time at their own expense by prior arrangement.
b. If the service provider is already attending your event, the service provider will seek to bring the item(s) with them, where possible.
c. If the service provider has to send the item(s) by courier (or to be returned to us via this manner), this cost is payable by the client(s)
d. If the service provider has to deliver and/or collect the item(s) then the cost of mileage and staff hourly fee will be chargeable and paid by the client(s)
e. The client(s)must keep the service provider’s item(s) dry and away from rain or direct sunlight for long periods, and for the items to be in a secure location
f. It is advisable for the client(s) to check the condition of the hired item(s) on arrival
g. The hire period will be agreed between the parties
a. The service provider reserves the right to substitute an item for an alternative design i.e. if breakages,delayed returns, lost items have occurred as a result of a previous customer order. Any necessary substitutions will be communicated as soon as the service provider becomes aware. The service provider reserves the right to withdraw their acceptance of a client(s) order if the goods requested are not readily available to the service provider, and will refund in full any payment to the client(s) they have made..
5.Return of Items
a. The client(s) will organise to return the item(s) to the service provider at their own cost in a timely manner.
b. Should any items be found damaged, or go missing, or damaged in transit, or are dirty,this is the responsibility of the client(s) to pay to the service provider so that she can replace at purchase price in full. The service provider has final decision on the condition of the goods.
6.Termination of Liability
a. The service provider shall be relieved of all liability for obligations incurred to the Hirer and any other third party.
4.Production of Couple Wedding Website
In relation to the service provider providing wedding website page(s) for couples’ personal use to share information about their wedding event, the service provider does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access by users of their wedding website pages but will use reasonable efforts to provide this. In addition,Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events will not be responsible for any failure or delay affecting production or publication of the website or the transmission of the Website or any information contained therein.
5.Wedding Guest Chaperone
The service provider provides staff to support a guest at the client(s) event who may need additional support, such as elderly guest who needs support with mobility. The service provider is not a trained medical person and cannot be accountable for any health concerns or medical incidents during the event, however they will alert or seek advice in such situations.
If any term or provision of these T&Cs is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these T&Cs had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
Third Party Rights
Save as otherwise expressly provided in this Contract T&Cs, no provisions of this Contract T&Cs shall be enforceable by any third party.
1. These Contract T&Cs are personal to and for the sole benefit of the client(s) and the client(s) shall not assign, transfer, sub-license, sub-distribute, mortgage, charge or in any other way dispose of any of its rights, interests or obligations under this Contract to any legal or natural person.
2. Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events shall be entitled to assign or licence the whole or any part of its rights under this Contract T&Cs to any party and in such event all of the representations, warranties and undertakings on the part of the client(s) contained in this Contract T&Cs shall inure for the benefit of such assignee and if the assignee undertakes direct with the client(s) to comply with the obligations of Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events to the client(s) (but not otherwise), then with effect from the date of such undertaking, Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals & Events shall have no further liability to the client(s).
Each party confirms that this Contract T&Cs sets out the entire agreement and understanding between the parties and that it supersedes all previous agreements, arrangements and understandings between them
1. In case of any complaint that the client(s) may have in relation to the services, the client(s) shall in the first instance speak to the representative from Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events during that event, so they can try to resolve the matter there and then.
2. In case of any complaint during the planning journey that the client(s) may have in relation to the services, the client(s)shall submit details of the complaint directly to the Amanda-Louise Knight Wedding Proposal & Events’ team member supporting them, who will acknowledge the complaint within 3 working days of its receipt and where necessary ask for additional information as they feel necessary to investigate the concern.
3. All complaints will be investigated and assessed by Amanda-Louise Knight, Director and will seek to resolve it with the client(s)within 30 days of its receipt of all of the information necessary to investigate the complaint.
4. If the client(s) is not satisfied, then the client(s) are welcome to contact Amanda-Louise Knight Director to discuss. Furthermore,the client(s) have the opportunity of employing an independent investigation company to look into the matter; and should this be agreed with Amanda-Louise Knight as a way forward, then these costs incurred shall be determined between the parties concerned.
5. The client(s) will not leave any negative remarks or comments on any media format, without allowing service provider time of at least 30 days to solve any issues that have arisen.
Amanda-Louise Knight Weddings Proposals &Events business have positive values and behaviours policies and procedures:
2. Donations Policy
3. Accessibility Policy
4. Equalities Policy
5. Code of Ethics Policy
6. Complaints Policy
7. Terms and Conditions
These can be found on the website, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a copy from Amanda-Louise Knight
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England an dthe parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts